Thursday, April 1, 2021

foot washin'

This is Maundy Thursday which is when Jesus had his last supper with the believers, plus washed their feet.  I'm sure they were covered with dust from all that traveling.  They ate and drank and passed the bread and wine.  All of them betrayed him at one time or another, just like we do now, some 2021 years later  I am fascinated by the history of Wesleyan tradition.  I also love CS Lewis.  But it ain't all about me.

I spent a peaceful day in paradise today and we exercised a bit.  I'm not even a PTA but I remembered a few of them.  I actually did them with her which made it more funner.  My friend Patti brought me a copy of a book signed by none other than Al Franken (and you're not) after he became a progressive politician.  A senator from the state of Minnesota, he was forced out of office by one of those "he touched me" accusations and he resigned.  I'm glad he did because he is still a progressive.  The way I see all of those decades later allegations my question is why didnt't you report it then?  Like old Stormy says...anything for 30K.

I'm ready to walk the flats down here if it will warm up a bit.  I might have to order some new Brooks for that little adventure.  Gotta' preserve the joints and all that.  Oscar is asleep in HIS bed and Cali is on the back of the recliner.  Al is grounded from the porch even because of his male tendency to spray.  He'll make somebody a fine tabby tom but I can't deal with the smell.  

I am sittin' here watching the sun set at the end of the road.  My first stained glass that KY cousin taught me to make is in the window catch rays.  Her creation sits on the stone fireplace waiting to be hung. I am back home and that's a different sort of feeling.  On Pecan Lane, I raised Lauren and half the kids in Dyersburg.  We had a dog named Pepper when she was little, and a cat named Screamer who slept on her head.  I have a picture burned into my brain of the day her daddy taught her how to ride a bike.  

We had a trampoline that somebody donated and that was a valuable thing for little kids.  I ended up selling it to a co-worker when they lost interest.  I have been Mama to a lot of folks who had issues with their own.  As a codependent I have to watch myself and keep close boundaries when it comes to saving others.  The bottom line is you gotta' wanna'.

So I'm having this sale Saturday on Pecan Lane and I'll get whatever I missed last time around.  After that, it's Johnny's.  Daddy's transplanted peonies are coming up again so I'll wait a bit to transplant them.  Like maybe fall.  I have a shit ton of free rocks to go pick up for the flower beds.  If y'all are bored, holla.

It ain't over 'til it's over.  Y'all keep the faith ^j^










No comments:

Post a Comment