Wednesday, March 17, 2021

stormy weather

I have a day off today due to heavy rain and thunderstorms.  The worst is projected to hit between  1 and 2 PM.  If memory serves me correctly the power goes off pretty frequently here, or it did when the grands were here.  I asked the internet install guy yesterday if I have to pay for a modem if this one gets fried.  He said no which is a nice change from buying a new one from ATT every time something went wrong.  I'm loving the speed.  Now I have to find a young person to install the firestick on the big TV over the fireplace.  

I went out this morning for a grocery pickup and stopped by the old house to get the outside flower pots.  I figure I'm going to get some flowers going after last danger of frost.  I'm a gonna need a lot of dirt and a lot more pots!  The tulips that Reaves and I planted in the garden box up on the hill are coming up nicely and should be blooming soon.  That always reminds me of Hymn of Promise.  "In the bulb there is a flowers...."

Easter is coming up and I always remember Hannah Clem on that day.  Her mother Kelly was the pastor at Goshen AL UMC and the tornado hit and killed several, including young Hannah.
Sometimes bad things happen to good people.  The eternal question is why.

We are all struggling with the new normal.  I don't think we will ever see another time when viruses were a far away thing.  I've had both shots and still feel terribly vulnerable.  But hey...don't we all.  And we're in it together.  Peace be with you ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment