Thursday, March 25, 2021

fly a kite

These March winds are not much good for that what with all the gusting and whatnot.  I sat on the deck at paradise today watching the hand of God change the water currents.  Like diamonds!  There was a bird, a titmouse I believe,  who kept coming up to feed.  No, actually there were a ton of birds.  Spring is here.  

I normally follow March Madness because I won a bar board one time with then unheard of Gonzaga.  Many years ago.  I'm doing my best to get the old house cleared out and the new one organized...kinda sorta.  All the clothes smell like mold so I'm washing them as I bring 'em in.  Just picked up a load of t-shirts today after my swing to the 'gentral to get Reaves some Easter basket stuff.  And then I ended up spending 75 bucks, but not on the bunnies.  Stuff I need, ya know?

We haven't chatted in a few days since the mass shootings started again.  Y'all who know me are not surprised that I need to rant about this.  Approximately one week ago a judge struck down the ban on AR style weapons in CO.  And then some idiot with mental health issues buys one and shoots 10 innocents.  These people are crazy and a very good reason to ban assault weapons without a complete background check and or waiting period.  The problem in my opinion is the availability of these weapons to mentally unstable people.  Open carry of a repetitive weapon is ludicrous.  Just ask dude in Atlanta who had his propped up in the bathroom stall.  It has to stop and it can with sensible gun reform.  Remember Sandy Hook where the guy went shopping in Mommy's gun cabinet, killed her first and then went on a rampage murdering children mercilessly.  Their parents testify, family members of other mass shootings testify, law enforcement puts their two cents in and STILL this is happening over and over again.  The whole thing makes me very angry at the powers that be like the NRA.That being said, I don't really think that putting a lot of effort into identifying these as "hate crimes" is important.  The big thing is how these folks got the guns in the first place.  

I would like to have a small pistol, or at least some pepper spray in case some whack job comes at me.  I can deal with hunting game if it is to be consumed but not for trophies.  When I see a buck's head on the wall it makes me want to puke.  But then I'm like that with animals.  

Y'all be happy and healthy and mask up.  Even after 2 shots, I'm taking precautions.  Keep the faith, and remember who you are ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment