Thursday, June 13, 2019

was lost but now is found

Sammy D is a homebody and a Mama's boy.  He rarely leaves the yard and truth be told, prefers laying on the cool laminate indoors.  Late yesterday they started the wheat harvest up next to my house and all three canines had to go outside and explore.  The other two came back and I went looking for Sam then spotted him on the south lane.  I figured he would be back shortly but he never returned.  

Of course I assumed the worst but I had to go to work so Mamye came out to look for him.  The farmer told me he had spotted him in a wheat pile and he didn't look like he was going anywhere.  Mamye came with a flashlight to look under the porch ( we have had several deaths there ) and a knife in case of bad guys.  Lo and behold when she opened the door he was standing there.  Be still my heart.  She fed and watered him and left him asleep under the kitchen table.  I wonder what he did all night?  

Gumbler used to call him Swaggles because of the constantly swishing tail.  He's been here for at least 14 years and had that old sad look in his eyes yesterday.  I fell in love the first time I saw him in Amy D's lap.  He was a bit too active for her apartment and needed room to run.  It's perfect doggie heaven out here.  Welcome home Swaggles!

I'm watching the farmers doing their precision transfer of wheat from combine to buggy to truck.  They're all on the same page and each knows what to do when.  It's pretty amazing to watch.

Y'all enjoy the cool spell while it lasts.  I've seen lightning bugs but haven't heard the reearees yet.  That's when I start looking for fall.  




No comments:

Post a Comment