Thursday, June 20, 2019

day by day

The older I get the more predictable I see how my life was before I was retired.  Work. Eat. Sleep.  Rinse.Lather.Repeat. Me and my generation had that kind of work ethic because it was expected of us in order to have the "American dream."   Somehow it didn't work out that way for me and so I walked away.  I remember the euphoria of not having to be there at 6am every day and sleeping for 12 hours at a stretch for days.  My mother did the same thing.  I had given too much for too long and my body was shall we say "killing me with stress."   The first year was an adjustment and pretty soon I realized that I needed extra income to maintain my style of living.  I dabbled in this and that doing odd jobs for cash after I got past the resting part.  

I started doing things for myself like going to lunch with friends and exercising.  I began to network seriously and discover new ways of thinking.  In short, I began to dream again.  I still have deadlines and commitments to keep, but they are on my terms.  I got a sweet letter from the IRS today telling me my refund for 2018 was applied to what I owe for 15.  Dumbasses should have done that in 2017.  Just saying.  

So I hear there was a drone shot down over who knows who's water and Trump's response was "they'll be sorry."  Wise move dude.  If we make it 'til everybody doesn't bomb us with your provocation, we are blessed.  

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment