Friday, June 21, 2019

flower power

I slept in today and headed out to my friend's house where I'll be watering flowers while she frolics on the beach.  This yard is a masterpiece all the way around.  Skillfully designed by her it winds all the way around the house.  It will be fun.  I've pretty much given up on my stuff except for what's easy to water.  I haul buckets out to the 'maters and squash.  I actually have a squash blooming in an aluminum pan from Mozella's on the back porch.  

I get to be Gaga this weekend for the first time at a long stretch.  This should be interesting!  I figure we'll play a lot.  It's good therapy for me just to have fun and see life in the wondrous eyes of an almost two year old.  When she goes into drama queen mode, I just say no.  

It's nice to have a day off with details wrapped up by noon.  God is sending me a message because there is no Old Smokey salty caramel in town.  I'm hooked on it and nothing else will do.

It's blowing a big hot wind around here and it's humid as hell.  Rain chance is low but you never know.  

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment