Sunday, June 9, 2019

pentecost

Celebrated on the 7th Sunday after Easter, it is a celebration of the Holy Spirit coming down and touching all the apostles and believers with fire.  In essence, it was the beginning of the Christian church.  The risen Jesus had appeared to many of the apostles prior to that.   It is by far my favorite church holiday.  I sat all the way down front with my cousin and her family.  We will be getting a new senior pastor soon which is the Methodist way.  

There was a creeper at the chicken store who kept talking to me like we were old buddies.  Said he remembered my car.  When I asked the cashier who he was she said he's a perv who digs through the trash for cans.  Great.  

Reaves made it through the wedding and she and Lauren are both worn out.  She wore a cute little white dress and pink converse like the bride.  I'm still looking at the pictures.  

One thing that Lauren and I have very little of is time alone.  The plans are for her to come this way next Saturday and us have some girl time.  It's been a looooooong stretch since that happened.

See y'all on the flip side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment