Monday, June 10, 2019

stamina

I went to Lake county to see Lorna, Gracie and Jasper today and I was in awe of what she's accomplished packing wise.  It was a beautiful breezy day with windows flung open.  And, of course, I got lost.  Like a dumbass I didn't use the GPS on my phone because I was just sure I knew how to get there.  I ended up at the prison!  There is still huge amounts of Obion back water up there visible from highway 78.  Lorna gave me some chairs and other goodies and it took all three of us to get the car loaded.  This is where I truly feel my age.  

Mayberry took me on a very fast ride in his whatever ATV he has and it was fun.  Must.do.again.  I will be working a couple of days this week which is plenty.  I try very hard to set limits when it comes to self care.  

Oscar and Ellie have been teaming up lately on Sammy D getting into huge fights which I normally successfully break up.  Yesterday I got bit when I kicked at them to stop.  Here we go with "let's hope for no cellulitis."  I'm soaking in epsom salts and doctoring heavily.  I don't know who started it or who bit me.  Sam is the elder and my road dog of many years.  He WILL NOT be mistreated.  It happens so fast it's like a gas fire.

It's odd driving from Dyer quickly through Obion and then into Lake County.  You can tell that the population is dwindling and businesses are scarce.  There's this one place with old timey washing machines sitting abandoned at somebodys ex-repair shop.  Memories.  

My brother and I were discussing stamina the other day and he says "what causes me to feel like that?"  Age buddy.  Age.  That is why I retired early enough to be able to enjoy being able to do some things.  You just never know.  My "normal" blood pressure still seems kind of not right but I reckon I'll have to live with it.  

Carry on people!






No comments:

Post a Comment