Sunday, June 16, 2019

the drive

I was out this morning and stopped by my parents' grave.  Immediately I noticed the little flag was missing from it's holder.  Mama's angel was still there, praise be.  I went around to the back where his military plaque is and actually read it for the first time in four years.  He was really proud of that service to our country.  Traffic on the paths was light but I'm sure it will pick up.  I noticed entire families in clusters near a stone, no doubt trading stories.  

This is what keeps family history alive.  I feel so sorry for those who don't have at least ONE person who remembers what they do.  All of these stories are woven together in community to explain how we got from there to here.  My parents were fierce about recording family legacy.  And yes, it's in a box in my living room.  

I am not a good historian.  I dropped doing the yearly book for Lauren in kindergarten.  Like a hamster on a wheel I was saving lives and raising a child.  A strong willed child.  She has grown into an incredible woman and mother herself.  

Happy father's day to anyone who has ever acted as one.  Big hugs ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment