Saturday, June 29, 2019

never forget

I just read that the 9/11 first responder who testified to Congress with Jon Stewart has died. There were pictures of him before the tragedy and along his road with chemo.  After testifying in Congress, he placed himself in hospice care.  He was 53.  Luis Alvarez tried along with Stewart to get from Congress the healthcare that so many first responders desperately need.  Nearly four thousand people died in that one day and many more have succumbed to blast related illnesses.  Remember the thick clouds of dust?  These people worked in it months clearing debris and trying to restore the area.  What happened that day was a series of well planned terrorists attacks by people who "should" have been on somebody's radar.  I mean geez man.  They worked on this for five years. It resulted in our country entering a ten year war that was not won.  That was the politically correct response to 9/11.  How sad.

Flowers are watered and I'm in for the day.  I just don't do well in the heat.  I've always hated to sweat from getting in and out of a hot car or working in full sun.  The humidity here in Tennessee makes it 100 times worse.  All the fireworks joints are cranked up for their big week.  For me, that's the turning point of summer even though it's only two weeks old.  The shadows will begin to change soon.  I listened to a chorus of ree a rees while I was watering.  They are at their prime!

My daddy's 88th birthday would have been on July 17.  I didn't see him ON his last one, but the day before and day after.  When I told Mama I would see him the next day she said" But that's not his birthday."  That is a regret for me. I'll eat some fried chicken, fried green 'maters and purple hull peas to celebrate his 88th.  

Oh say can you see ~






  

No comments:

Post a Comment