Saturday, June 22, 2019

looking for the rainbow

Driving back from Jackson I ran in and out of rain storms which reminded me of the capricious nature of those summer pop-ups.  The lane was bone dry as it has been for about a week.  I noticed the irrigation systems going full force when I got home.  We had a huge hot wind yesterday afternoon that blew crap everywhere, but not a drop of rain.  

Reaves was just waking up as I walked in the door and Lauren scurried out to work.  I gave her time to get the fog out of her head but she had stayed up until midnight ( LP worked last night too ) and awake at six thirty.  In other words, they both woke up tired.  By nine o'clock she was already rubbing her eyes.  She wouldn't eat breakfast or lunch and somewhere in between there is when the trouble started.  Typical toddler stuff with fatigue plus cutting molars. Tried to get her to lay down.  Nada.  Put some gel on the gums and got bit gently.  Nothing I could do could help her so I just let her work through it.

The magic trick turned out to be a little android pad that they use.  We found kiddy stuff on YouTube and watched forever and a day.  She finally went to sleep in my lap listening to sing song nursery rhymes. This was after she had a try at gymnastics hanging from the bars on the bottom of the high chair.  Dat baby!  She was still snoozing when I left two hours later.  

I'm just beyond words about all this Iran stuff and I think the Goldfish is playing another very dangerous game.  Just remember Iraq.  No WMD found.  Thousands of lives lost.  Saddam found hiding in a hole.  Is there a new press secretary yet?  I'm out of the loop except for headlines like the Philly gas explosion.  This is why people don't want pipelines on their property aside from the fact that petroleum is killing the planet.  

My car is 18 years old with relatively low mileage for a Camry but it's beginning to cost me money when little things break.  Like the seat belt latch.  I've begun to cling to that feeling of safety with being buckled up.  It only took three tickets to convince me.  

Y'all stay cool and pray for peace ^j^








No comments:

Post a Comment