Monday, June 17, 2019

vocation

I have a state of Tennessee medical laboratory supervisor's license that is still active.  It comes up for renewal in September and I will more than likely retire it.  I got a phone call this morning with an opportunity to get back in the game part time.  For a few minutes it sounded good, but not much longer than that.  I put in a lot of time at the local cancer center over the years and it was rewarding and frustrating all at the same time.  I've gotten used to doing my own thing on my own terms and the thought of working for a company again makes me want to crawl in a hole.  The work I do now is quite rewarding in a different way and I am my own boss.  

I am valiantly fighting mild cellulitis and self treating.  I may end up having to give in and get some antibiotics as much as I hate to.  Those things wreak havoc on your body!  I now have a paddle laying on the kitchen tables where the dog fights usually break out.  We had a little training session yesterday and I think they get it.  Somebody's ass will get whipped over the next one.  

I haven't checked the news today so y'all let me know if the zombie apocalypse is coming.  Later ~

2 comments:

  1. Best thing I ever did for myself was to retire early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends I know who retired are now working harder than they ever did before...

    ReplyDelete