Friday, June 28, 2019

up and at 'em

I was determined not to be watering flowers in the heat of the day and got up early to get on with business. After that I ran some errands and a couple of chores for a friend who can't get out.  After that I hit up Sunflower Health which is also like crack to me.  I went in for probiotics and came out with a tshirt and bracelet.  They just have such fun cute stuff!

After that....the deadly Kroger run.  They did, however, have my crab dip in stock so it was worth the trip.  I posted AOC on Colbert regarding the subpoena to Kellyanne and immediately my trolls came out of the woodwork.  I just don't engage. 

I still can't stop seeing that picture in my mind of the man and his 2 year old daughter floating face down in the Rio Grande. These people are so desperate that they still try, knowing that if they make it they'll be separated at the border.   I feel for them, just like the Syrian refugees and the others trying to make their way to a better life.  

I stopped in and got my facial hair waxed while I was out and it's smooth as a baby's butt.  I'm way too young to have a beard.  My mother used to call it "honey" when she got it done at Angel's Crown Center back in the day.   If I had a buck for every delivery and pickup I made there I'd be rich.  Sure do miss her.

My prayer is for some normalcy in this country and the ability to reach across the aisle and listen in a non-partisan way in order to find solutions.  The people being hurt are us, the citizens of the US.  We deserve better.

^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment