Tuesday, May 22, 2018

where credit is due

I go to a lot of gas station/convenience places like the chicken store.  All the girls there call me boo and treat me like family even when they're having a bad day.  I notice little things like that.  I also noticed that unlike most delivery trucks, the Coke guy had parked away from customer parking so as to not get in the way.  Coke drivers do that consistently.  I waited for him to get off the  phone and thanked him for the courteous parking.  He was tickled to death.  I guess, dear Sailor, that was my one good thing of the day.  

I ran by the cabin ( no snakes today ) and found a completely decked back porch.  Can you say "awesome!" I'm broke enough that I'm back to pimping windows.  These I've got are vintage, some even with the ropes still attached.  I spent a good two years as a picker through stuff and had a couple of successful sales.  What I have now is mostly what I will keep unless the price is right. I have enough furniture for the small house that will be my home someday.  

This house on the hill was built in 1918 and has very steep steps in both front and back.  I find myself having to take them one at a time instead of skipping down like I used to.  It's not fun hauling groceries in either.  Even though I could have easily bought a house for what I've paid in rent, I wouldn't change any of it.  I am at home and my child grew up here like me. You can't take those memories away.


The next right thing.....always do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment