Wednesday, May 2, 2018

he said she said

Tommy and I met for breakfast again before he left on his last leg of the journey....to Big Sandy.  His friend has a place on the lake that's their haven during good weather.  Normally he would have met Charmaine Freeman at Mary Lou's which is all about airport.  There is a wall of pictures of her as a pilot instructor which she did until the age of 88 and lots of her trainees.  She didn't teach Tommy but taught the guy who taught HIM!  Mary Lou used to have a restaurant at the airport and the food awesome.  There is nothing there anymore but empty buildings and private planes.  I hear maybe one corporate jet every day or so.  Not at all as active as it used to be except when the army comes with those loud helicopters.  They usually hang around and play for a bit..

It has been really nice to visit with my brother without having to work around "work."  We have spent the last two days exploring, networking and gossiping about everybody and his brother.  Some people never change...heh.  It's just that we know so much about so many and their ways.  He was in business here for a short while as founder and director of a TV station for which he and a partner purchased a tower.  It didn't take long for that to get dismantled by investors and board members.  But they didn't own the tower.  Hmmm.

I'm kind on a planting hiatus because my luck has been so bad.  I do have some new coleus and cuttings in the window.  Basil #3 didn't make it so I think I'll try another vendor on that.  Heck I might just put fairies out in that garden like Gay to keep things mystical.  

There are rifts in every family and I'm warmed by the fact that most of ours have been healed.  We are who we are and love each other warts and all.  

Hug somebody.  I've already had a bunch of 'em!


No comments:

Post a Comment