Wednesday, May 9, 2018

breakfast with lorna

It has turned into a routine for us, meeting up at Dave's to eat and then heading on over to The Mill.  We did just that this morning and I met up with an old friend and classmate who is running for a county political office.  He faces stiff competition from a multi term incumbent so when he asked for my vote, I asked for a discussion of just WHY we as voters should go for him.  We talked a long while about his experience in business, the military and management plus involvement with the county as a current member of the county commission.  I asked lots of questions and he had lots of answers.  I feel good about supporting his campaign now and about urging others to do so.  

Every vote in every election counts and the uninformed voter is the biggest danger we face.  If you go into a booth and vote for people you know NOTHING about just because of their party, you're part of the problem.  Think outside the box people!  

I stopped by Lowe's on the way home and sweated in line at the garden center while people bought multiple bags of dirt and such.  It's already humid and the temp is supposed to be up to 90 by the weekend.  I am not ready for this.  What happened to spring????

Anyways, y'all enjoy the day.  As for me I will stay hydrated and cool.  


No comments:

Post a Comment