Sunday, May 27, 2018

the prodigal daughter

I was born and raised in the United Methodist Church on the corner of Main and McGaughey.  The last time I went was on All Saints Day the year  my mother died.  Somebody else had to light the candle for me because I was kind of pitiful.  They have changed to one service at 10AM which everybody loves but my Daddy would hate.  He was an 8:30 dude to the bone.  I reached out to my friend Delores yesterday to see if she would be there today to hold my hand because it would be hard.  That church reeks of my parents and all the other saints before us.  Anywho, she did indeed hold my hand as I sat sandwiched between she and her family.  I still know all the liturgy by heart and many of the hymns.

I have been "got" again by a facebook hacker who sent a friend request from a gentleman that I know and respect.  It seemed legit so I accepted and got about three sentences into the conversation before I realized what was up.  I don't have his phone number but I notified my cuz to get in touch with his daughter and tell her to let Dad know.  This is not the first time it's happened but I catch it pretty quick.  I notified said hacker that the page owner is aware of his antics.  NEH my ass.  That was the tipoff.

These people are smooth.  They ask open ended questions and  give vague answers.  That's the first red flag.  My ears perked up right then and there.  It's so irritating.  This was probably somebody in an internet cafe in Nigeria like Prince Fred.  Ya'll remember that story?  Lerd.  The local law enforcement said they had never seen anything like the scam I was involved in.

Neal's sermon was about meeting others where they are and trying to help.  That struck a chord with me considering the little army trying to pull off a benefit for Damascus.  Outside of the Jackson there is no inpatient men's rehab facility.  The ministry begins in the jail and moves inmates out into the world when trust is built.  The leadership meets them where they are and doesn't treat them like sinners.  From Matthew 9...And the Pharisees said to the disciples," Why does your teacher eat with sinners?"  His reply: "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick."

The devil's been trying to pull me under this week and that's one of the reasons I headed for fellowship.  I can honestly say my soul was fed ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment