Saturday, May 26, 2018

alberto

Lord knows how many people are going to be mad as heck because Alberto will rain....hard...on their vacations.  I hope they all have some board games or a deck of cards.  When I went to Okaloosa 2 years ago with Heather and crew, we had gorgeous weather without a single shower all week long.  The monsoon started about the time we hit Selmer on the way home.  No beach for me this year.  '

One of the things I hate about auto deduct is that you never know when it's going to hit.  I'm overdrawn 98 cents on Netflix and my overdraft charge will be 30 plus.  Payday is six days away.  Lerd.  I've still not gotten into the routine of when the money comes so I'm on a learning curve for the budget.  

I figured out that the wonky spell yesterday was probably dehydration.  I had sworn off diet coke and drank it two days in a row with very little water.  That will do it.  Note to self:  do not go back there.  Sleeping for 14 hours helped.  

I'm happy to see that the leaders of North and South Korea have met to discuss relations with their own countries.  That serves as a bonus reason for Trump to get his tush to that meeting he scheduled and then backed out of.  It's your JOB dude.  

I have the flag that was draped on my father's coffin and it's sitting on the kitchen table in honor of Memorial Day.  He didn't lose his life in action and they're always the argument about the meaning of Memorial Day vs Veteran's Day.  In my book, those who served often were spared their lives but came home with horrific memories of watching their comrades die.  Mr. Oscar Bruce was at Iwo Jima and one of the few survivors.  He carried shrapnel in his body until he died.  

With only a 20% chance of rain we are having a nice pop up shower here on the hill.  No redneck water hose needed today.  I love labs, especially chocolate ones.  I've never quite gotten over losing my sweet Faith.  Today I saw a post from a friend who has just gotten a red puppy!  These are the most beautiful dogs and hard to find.  My friend Amy in Chicago has a gorgeous silver lab named Greta.  As I was driving from Jackson these two guys were in front of me with a pretty black one running from side to side in the truck bed.  Obviously trained well!

And always, remember who you are. ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment