Sunday, May 20, 2018

out of nowhere

Lauren and I woke up early and she was ready to snuggle that baby so we packed up and headed toward Jackson.  The drive goes a lot faster when you have somebody with you, even if they are on FB the whole time.  We listened to music and didn't talk much.  This is the most time we've spent together since Reaves was born and it was nice to bond as mother and daughter.  My next job is to get the floors clean enough for a crawler.  She hauled out a box of pictures and whatnot so that made a small dent on the office piles.  

Reaves was glad to see both of us, especially her Mama.  I left them snuggling with a bottle getting ready for a nap.  She's a wild one for sure.  She can stand holding onto something and attempts to pull up but often needs help.  Both of these girls have my heart.  I suppose that's why as I turned on the lane at home the tears started running down my cheeks.  There are times when I feel grief coming back from all the losses and stresses of the past few years.  That's when I try my best to focus on ME and my spiritual well being.  

It has been three years since the string of deaths in our family began.  In January Daddy's sister died and in June Mom's sister Nancy and also Lauren's daddy.  Couple of months later was Daddy.  Then Mama five months after that.  I have one remaining aunt and a handful of cousins plus my brothers so I'm blessed in that respect.  The five years of constant running and fetching for housebound parents was grueling for us but I'm glad we we were there for them.  It's the right thing to do.

Lauren took back the framed collage of my parents that the funeral home gave us when Mama died.  She misses all of them.  Yesterday was the next to last chapter of a very long ordeal for her.  I am proud beyond words of how hard she has worked for a better life for she and the baby.  The next step is to find her an affordable vehicle so she doesn't have to get rides everywhere.  She will be like a bird out of the cage!

Due to generous rain and heat the corn children are now young teenagers and growing fast.  That will last until August.  And so it goes.....life on the farm.

Chin up ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment