Tuesday, May 29, 2018

inside those walls

I had a lunch date with some friends and decided to go by and visit my dear friend Mr. John Hart.  He was a close friend of my parents and worked as a volunteer at the hospital for eons.  Lovely man.  He always loved to come out when the apples were in because Daddy had some fine trees.  Eventually they played out from neglect but there are new ones planted.  He was truly delighted to see me, and me him.  

My friends and I ate lunch and gabbed at Joe's Deli all the while observing local businessmen file past for a meeting of the minds in the back.  We had plenty of time but two absent due to illness.  There was also a surprise impromptu visit with Vicki out front but she was on a mission with errands and couldn't stop to eat with us.  She and Chucky are always on the road.  


Bubba called to let me know they are ripping off siding at the cabin so I went down for a look see and was amazed.  They found a huge snake up in the wall.  He is now dead.  Slowly but surely the reptiles are being driven out.  As many cracks as were in that place, it's no wonder we found snakes in drawers and skins hanging off the curtain rods.  

Be safe and happy and always do the next right thing ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment