Tuesday, May 15, 2018

splish splash

My friend Mitzi Lou texted this morning that she's off today and her pool is open so I wasted no time getting into the bathing suit and over to her house.  It's a gorgeous place and I enjoyed visiting with her while swimming.  She stayed out of the sun and I didn't tarry long because it's first time out and I don't need a burn having a history of squamous cell carcinoma.  The water was perfect.  

When I stopped at the chicken store I noticed a guy with a bright red truck bed FULL of bagged Vidalia onions that were sold by the local Civitan Club as their annual fundraiser.  He had a couple of extras and graciously offered me one.  As we chatted I found that he knew my Daddy and brother well and had worked with them on several projects as agricultural extension agent.  Small world.  

It is still odd to me to be unemployed, though not in a bad way.  I'm figuring out things day by day that make me happy now that my mind is not focused on survival.  The past year at the sawmill was a nightmare and now the transition is going on with owner #4.  I would be a basket case if I was all up in that because I pretty much was when I went out.  

The little corn children surrounding me are growing quick and soon I'll be boxed in for the summer.  One of the things we have to be careful with is deer coming outta' nowhere to cross the road.  You can't see them until they exit the corn and run into the road.  I've never hit one but Lauren did once.  It was a female and the buck stood guard by her body forever.  

My prayer for me and you and the whole world is happiness, prosperity and peace.  Especially peace.  

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment