Monday, July 31, 2017

taking flight

There is indeed a mama bird tending to the nest on the front porch and she gets pretty vocal when the cat is in sight, or even me for that matter.  They are huddled together there as a fluffly little bunch of siblings waiting for the right time for flying lessons.  Mama is a small bird, most likely a finch.  It is fascinating to watch but then I'm easily amused.  

My friends Tom and Shirley came out for some picture taking on the farm yesterday before sunset and I had the sweet privilege of riding in the back of a pickup truck like a kid watching my world go by.  And what a beautiful world it is out here!  Tom is fascinated with this little shack down by the graveyard and we stopped there to pretend it was ours.  It's like a "tiny house" in the woods close to the river.  

I hear there was an earthquake but I totally missed it.  Lake county friends felt it and thought it was gonna' be another Reelfoot Lake kind of deal.  The weather is still nice with very low humidity.  

My outing was short and sweet this morning to get a bite from the chicken store and a gift bag for the shower from the 'gentral.  Just another day in paradise.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment