Friday, July 21, 2017

dream a little dream

I have two recurring dreams that have gone away over the years.  One was of me taking a bath in a porcelain tub while the cabin burned.  The other I had forgotten about until yesterday's visit to the Lee place and the sunflower field.  Bubba told me they were in full bloom and facing east so I struck out in the Camry over about a mile of bumpy field road to see the sights.  Wade was busy planting and spraying ( still ) and I think I ran over his hose on the way out.  

I spotted the gold after awhile and pulled up to have a moment.  When I looked to the right, there was the Forked Deer levee and a memory of an old house and barn that used to sit back there. Dream #2 centered around that four story house which may or may not have existed.  There were doors up from each level and treasures like fine china on each and every stop.  Up top there was a roof where one could take in the river and the farming operations.  This place sat about one mile from Cotton's bar.  I guess it could have been a whorehouse or maybe just a hotel where river travelers stayed on the way from there to here and back.  My husband's grandfather was killed at Cotton's with a gunshot.  Daddy showed me the certificate many years ago after my marriage to James.

The loose crown just came off which will makes things easier for Dr. Young Jr. when I seek dental assistance next week.  I'm thinking dentures.  That will be the day after ultrasound/job interview/therapy session in Jackson.  It seriously takes a village. I got my not to worry stone back today and it's in my pocket so all is well.   

Anybody with a truck is welcome to help me transport baby hardware from here to there.  I'll pay for gas and lunch and all.  Holla.

^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment