Tuesday, July 4, 2017

on being free

God Bless America, Land that I love.  We are in what Chelsea Handler would call a hot mess.  The monkeys are running the circus and we're all out here just praying that The Hunger Games doesn't happen in OUR lifetime.  Remember the last time we had an actor for POTUS? Yeah.  That.  This country was built by immigrants from all over the world and stolen from the Native Americans.  Slaves were brought over from Africa to help with the farming.  When the northern states decided that was enough of that there was a big war that divided the country.  And then he got shot in a theater by you know who.  

I do not understand bigotry, hatred and evil.  I know that they are from the devil, so to speak.  When I see somebody like that I usually just throw up a prayer for them and continue to be my little old liberal ass self.  I catch myself using politically correct ethnic terms these days.  It's respectful to another person's culture.  Some of our lessons at the hospital cover just that sort of patient care barrier.  We have nurses who translate.  Many times the staff is targeted in racist ways by rednecks who don't know any better.  I just walk away from that because you can't fix generations of stupid.  

Coming back to current day and time I must say that I never thought I'd see the day that corporate wouldn't care about the worker bees.  Our immediate supervisor is gone and her boss has inherited a huge understaffed mess.  Just bless his heart is all I can say.  

It was a little too damp for the fireworks yesterday so I've got some left to blow up in honor of being a rebel.  Just because I can ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment