Monday, July 24, 2017

the art of cat throwing

Here's the drill around here when Lily the bitch cat wants attention.  She cries and prowls.  I put food in her plate and she eats two bites.  One of the dogs eats the rest.  Even though she just ate she cries again because the bowl is empty.  When I don't do a quick refill she climbs on he back of the computer chair and claws the hell out of it.  After that she proceeds to knock stuff off the table to get my attention.  Rinse lather and repeat until I get tired of it.  That's when I risk life and limb, pick her up and throw her off the porch to land squarely on her feet as they tend to do.  This is a tedious exercise in futility which is only compounded by two dogs wanting in and out scratching on the doors.  I don't pitch them though.  Oscar would bite!

It was a Monday all.day.long.  Work is still a transition in progress which can be trying at times but then it usually is anyway, transition or not.  I just do the best I can while I'm there and go home and forget it.  That's the luxury of being a peon.  

My friend Sondra is gonna' be grandma any day now and Mitzi Lou brought some of her handmade with love creations for the baby boy.  I'm sure Reaves will get some too because Mitzi and Abby are all about the creating.  The shower invitation asks that everybody bring a book instead of a card.  What a cool idea!  Plus there's the headband making station.  I saw Mama Brock in Kroger yesterday and I'm sure she'll be there too.  One for all and all for Reaves and Lauren!  Since Heather is the hostess there will be no stupid games, thankyouverymuch.

I see hope and promise with this new life on the way.  It's an addition to the next generation of the Stafford family started by  my brother at the ripe old age of forty something.  We're looking toward making a nest here for the tribe.  That thrills me to death because I was afraid I was gonna' miss it.  

I have an appointment with the dentist on Friday and my loose crown didn't make it, coming off as I chomped on Cheetos the other day.  It left a sharp edge that's poking a hole in my cheek daily.  What I need is some of that wax you put on braces.  

Stay cool kids.  It's "only" 92 today and we got some rain yesterday evening.  Even though we haven't officially hit 100 it has felt like that for about two weeks now.  I think I got dehydrated because I had some killer leg cramps two nights in a row.  Those muscles are STILL sore.  

Lord how I miss the days when the children of the POTUS were growing up and learning history while living in the White House.  All the rats are jumping ship and I would be too.  This won't end well for anybody but I'll keep on dreaming of a better day where peace and love and rock'n'roll are front and center.

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment