Tuesday, July 18, 2017

another day in court

Today was my last call for jury panel A and I've been lucky until this morning's 9AM call for jury selection.  For a civil suit.  That is set to run for 2-3 weeks.  It is a medical malpractice case and I knew all the defendants from work plus everybody on the witness list that will be called.  Still, it took six hours for me to get excused.  The process is very VERY tedious and I actually felt sorry for the judge.  The jury box was full until challenges were turned in and 9 got dismissed.  That's when us stragglers got picked with panel B coming in right behind us.  Lerd.  

Me and my buddies Carter and Athena hung out and passed the time while waiting.  Carter's mama and I work together so I kept her posted by text.  It was hilarious!  People came and went...grumbled and shook hands.  Our justice system.  Gotta' love it. This is the first day I've gone all day without peeing in forever but by lunch break at 1:40 I had to eat and run so I stopped into Lucky Liquor and Tracy did me a favor of the ladies room.  I'm glad the trial won't keep me from Reaves' next ultrasound.

Baby face ~

No comments:

Post a Comment