Friday, July 28, 2017

some things are meant to be

I was up early again, this time for a dental appointment with an extraction of what was left of a back molar after the crown broke off.  The young man who did it is the son and grandson of dentists and I was very pleased.  Nice calm demeanor and good work.  He didn't try to pressure me into restorative things on old teeth and discussed options for what's going on in that part of my mouth.  That will more than likely include a partial to go along with the bridge up front. He said it's nowhere near denture time.  

Before I left the house I talked with my friend Cathy whose sister has been looking for a collie and she knew I had thrown one out there on a lead for adoption.  Tammy has already picked him up and taken him to the groomer!  I love it when that happens.  It's a win win for everybody.  My friend and MFR therapist has a tiny little dog named Huck who snuggled up in his bed next to the treatment table while she worked on me today.  Every now and then I heard a little squeak from his toy but otherwise he was chilling like me.   More tears came streaming as I relaxed into the moment.  I never thought about it, but that's probably something that happens quite often with body work.

And so, it's back to the sawmill tomorrow.  My friend Sondra is grandma as of today and he is the first of several on the lab birthing list.  We're all in it together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment