Tuesday, July 11, 2017

mozella b

I started work at Parkview Hospital in 1977 and my neighbor Mozella worked there too along with my grandmother and Yaya and a whole bunch of others.  Mozella worked in central supply where all the sterilizing of surgical instruments took place in autoclaves.  A few of our former pathologists loved her to death and everybody else did too.  Dr. Palacios was her favorite.  

I grew up on the same farm where she lived after moving here in 1946 as Earl's bride.  "Now chile" she would say.  Her home was always dark and full of tiny little rooms.  I remember going to visit Earl when he was dying of pancreatic cancer.  His eyes were yellowish orange and he was miserable.  Ronnie died last year of the same disease.  Aunt Moz has been in and out of the hospital and rehab for about three months.  She passed away Friday at the ripe old age of 95 and I know right where she'll be buried.  My plan is to show up after work. Speaking of which....I do so love my job even though it can be challenging what with the profit motive.  That doesn't set well with me as a spiritual type person.

Unicorns and rainbows kids ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment