Saturday, July 29, 2017

phantom in the snow

Mamye and I were talking about snow on Halloween this afternoon and a memory came back to me from years ago.  Debbie gave me tickets to see Phantom at the Grand in St. Louis one year and we took off on Halloween with both her boys and an exchange student to Missouri.  Somewhere between here and there it started snowing like a mofo....I'm talking blizzard.  She was determined to soldier on to our hotel reservations and I begged her to stop.  I freak out when I can't see the road, seriously.  She was pissed, but we spent the night at whatever was the closest haven thank you sweet baby jeebus. The next day we journeyed on to see the production and it was magnificent.  That was only my 2nd trip to St. Louis and the last.  

This was a sawmill day and not a bad one.  The weather finally shifted and there'a a breeze and low humidity.  I'll take it.  That collie we spoke of was kind of matted from a couple of years of swinging in the breeze like mine do so his new owner took him for a cut and groom yesterday.  She said he's loving the new home and there's plenty of space to roam with their other critters.  A dog's life, indeed.  

I have a friend who stops by now and then to chat about life.  Oddly enough, I met him at church when he was about 15.  He's now the father of two beautiful children and has helped me out on many an occasion with repairs.  He was leaving town yesterday and stopped by with a gift for me.  Like the perfect gentleman that he is he presented the multicolored glass cross necklace with flair and I promptly cried.  He's the one who went home with the not to worry stone in his pocket a while back.  Unbroken circle, y'all.  

I got to bond with my posse at the chicken store today when I was sending a moneygram and they were pissed beyond belief that there was a new card reader that didn't work.  I said to hell with it and paid cash.  I then proceeded to purchase my other items and head on down the lane.  

The place with the pulled tooth is 32 hours post pull and hurts.  So far no dry socket but let's keep our fingers crossed because I'm totally non-compliant except for right side chewing and salt water rinse.  Next on the agenda is a cleaning.  If I'm lucky I'll get to see Ms. Reba.  

Keep it between the ditches, y'all.  


No comments:

Post a Comment