Saturday, July 22, 2017

cabin fever

We are currently experiencing days on end of 100 degree plus heat indexes which makes me want to hibernate just like in the dead of winter.  I am NOT a summer person any longer since global warming kicked in.  My brief outing this morning to the 'gentral and gas station were all it took to kick my ass and send me back inside to chill.  

I don't know about ya'll but I'm glad to see Spicey go even though whats'her'name is annoying too.  What really scares me is the new guy from Goldman Sachs.  WTF?  So our country is a business to be run by those who make huge campaign contributions to the orange one?  I'll refrain from a rant because it just sucks the life out of my soul.  This house of cards is about to fall and we will all suffer, including the ones of us who knew better than to vote for the idiot.  Of course it didn't help that Russia was all up in it.  

And so, I digress.  My photographer friend and I are trying to find a cool enough time to visit the magical sunflower field so he can do his thing and I can just get off on the colors.  He has a truck which is good because I don't think the Camry would survive that trip again.  

Chester's suicide moved me on many levels.  Our mental health system is so fractured as is healthcare in general that people who need and want help are many times at the mercy of a system that's based on....you guessed it.  Money.  If therapy were free, think about how many people would benefit.  It should be a piece of an affordable preventive health offering in whatever system we end up with along with cancer and diabetes screening.  There is no free wellness benefit at all with my insuror.  40 buck co-pay for anything and everything.  That doesn't sound like much but it adds up when you are a frequent flyer as we boomers are becoming.  

Today I am grateful for friends and family, a steady job and an air conditioned home.  I may not always agree with the friends family and job but I try to do the next right thing.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  

Chill ~

No comments:

Post a Comment