Thursday, July 20, 2017

eloquence

There's a whole bunch of folks that read my blog and I talked to one this morning at the sawmill that I never would have suspected until she told me how she enjoys it.  As she put it, I say a lot of the same things that she thinks about and it's a joy to read the words.  That was totally humbling.  

When I stopped by the chicken store Ashley made the statement that she felt "left behind" after the rapture because of the heat.  Days on end of 110 heat index is miserable at the very least and dangerous at its' worst.  Dehydration is common even in those who don't work outside.  My shoulder has been pain free since the steroid injection.  It's nice not to have that dull pain all the time and I will follow up with therapy by Gay.  

Last night's dinner was home grown yellow squash cooked in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Yum!  Added a little rice to it and it was just the ticket for a hot day.  I have a non-worry stone that was given to me by Laura recently and I've carried it in my pocket off and on for days on end.  Yesterday a friend came to me deeply distressed about every little thing and when he left I passed it on to him to keep temporarily until the storm passed. He just told me it's still in his pocket.  The cross is a powerful gift.

And so...life goes on ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment