Monday, December 11, 2023

wide open spaces

I had visitors today, like two dogs, two kids and a tired mom.  Gobo and Ava are well behaved and came in and out but loved running in the field with Alex.  I'm not sure who won but I bet they are all tired.  I hired he and Reaves to pick pecans and gave them five bucks each for effort.  Y'all...I have more than I can deal with right now!

I skipped the service after SS just to do something different.  My family was coming and my friend needed help.  While Alex was out running in the fields, Reaves carefully set up the nativity scene on the table.  We found Baby Jesus right off the bat and slowly identified the other figures.  

BG got the fancy ass tree put up that Calvin left me.  Let's just say it involved a lot of teamwork.  And there it stands!  I am grieving a few things right now and just not in the "holiday spirit."  If that was improper please correct me Didi.

This Advent season, for me, has been one of discovery at a deeper level about what the birth of Christ is about.  A lot of that has to do with my Sunday School lessons at Koinonia.  We are about to outgrow that room and take over another one!  Nancy presented us all with a nail wrapped in purple ribbon to remind us that from that His miracle birth was going to lead to torture.  Like my robo calls from David Kustoff.  

It seems to me, and this came from a non UMC member, that it is much ado about nothing.  Homosexual pastors and marriages are still not done.  Why the rush to get out before the big vote.  Just my thoughts, but I tend to ramble.  I don't care if you are gay or purple and have 5 tattoos,  Jesus loves us all the same.  

That's my story and my prayer ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment