Wednesday, December 6, 2023

'tis the season

Yesterday's winds knocked down a ton of pecans and Patty and I have rolled the weasels until our arms are sore.  We both miss Oscar during this ritual because he was always a part of it.  It's been a week since he passed on and I still look for him to greet me in the driveway every time I come home.  I've been busy every day running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  But I like it! After coughing with an earache for a week I finally went to my PCP this morning and he said every single person on his list has the same symptoms and they are covered up.  I got a daily antibiotic and some cough medicine and was out in 15 minutes.  I tested negative for Covid yesterday so we already knew not to do that.

Lauren and I tried to put up the tree yesterday and it is dead as a doornail.  I'm considering not having one this year, seriously.  I remember when my parents downsized to a Snoopy sized small tree in this very house and it was lovely.  I don't know much they are but....we shall see.  I used to decorate for Calvin Moore every year which required crawling up on the table to hang the garland just so.  It was a task to get it centered with the bows in place to suit him.  He died earlier this year and his sister Pat brought me some of his decorations and a piece of his glassware which I will forever treasure.  

BG is still fostering the two dogs whose mother was murdered in front of them and the rescue community is supplying everything she needs.  They were vetted yesterday so are now up for adoption.  The idiot who murdered their mother is lounging in the Madison county jail awaiting trial for first degree murder.  He strangled his wife to death.  SMH.  I have so much respect for those who work with animal rescue.  And I have nothing but disgust for those who don't take proper care of their furbabies and dump them.  I have a rogue cat hanging around here that I have seen twice and he or she is very pretty and trying to meow me into living here.  It comes and goes so we haven't properly met.  

It looks like me and Bubba at Huddle House on Christmas which is fine by me.  I hosted Thanksgiving and will be busy cooking special treats for special people in my life.  One cake at a time girl.

May the peace of Christ be with you during this season and beyond ^j^

   

No comments:

Post a Comment