Wednesday, December 20, 2023

not today devil

I firmly believe that a great big god loves all of us, warts and everything.  Christmas is coming and the geese are gettin' fat!  It looks to be a rainy morning meeting at the Huddle House.  830 sharp. I have missed my church family this past two weeks and will be there for this Sunday, lord willing.  Maybe the creek won't rise.  I can tell that my vision will need to be improved when a new year starts because I ALWAYS  lost the distance ones.  I'm a gonna'' have to break down and get bi-focal.

People drive crazy now, especially in a small space bordered by right in front of Green Frog which has divine plate lunches.  The food critic in me has become more refined with age and remembering mama's recipes.  Gaga couldn't cook worth a damn but Lottie Stafford sure did teach Mama the love of southern food.  From that came a career in journalism and recipes.  Her job at the paper printed some of them every week.  She also had a column about sunshine that appeared now and then.  When BG was born, it was properly announced. 

I am in love with a facebook dog who looks like a Beagle mix and is a rescue.  The fosters have offered for us to have a meet'n'greet and pay half of the vet bill.  Let us pray because Oscar ain't been gone long.  I think I'm still needing puppy sugar.  Charlotte Marie came out to help me and Patty pick pecans this afternoon and loved every minute of it.  

All of my shopping is done, thank you sweet baby jesus.  I didn't spend much but focused on what I think the special person would like.  Dyersburg buddies minus one had a nice lunch and exchanged gifts.  I have supper leftovers!  and presents!!

Y'all better be nice for the next few days because you know who is coming to town.  Let's keep it light on the money and more about the holidays ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment