Saturday, December 16, 2023

enough for a pie

Patty and I have been working the pecan crop here for a month or so since before Oscar died.  Now, she brings one of her five every time she comes and they love the wide open spaces here.  Just like Oscar Boi did!  

I had a really frustrating experience yesterday.  One of my clients wanted to go shopping at WalMart so I arrived at the proper time and went in to gather her and her stuff.  My dumb ass locked the keys in the car by accident and had to call Biscuit to get me back into the vehicle.  We proceeded onto WalMart after that ( which I hate, BTW ) and we wandered around for two hours looking for what she wanted.  The total was 57 bucks and she didn't even find everything on the list.  After all that, I came up minus three bucks because of the Lowery's call but it was all good.  When I delivered her home I suggested that maybe she could give ME the list and let me shop which sounded good to her so that's the future plan for that gig.  It was "kids get out of school at 11" day and everybody and their entire family was there with one checkout lane open.  The lady in front of us bought 350 bucks worth.  *sigh*

This is why I shop online.  If I need a few things and the self checkouts are open like at DG or Kroger, I'll do that.  Otherwise I order and pickup.  I have not been inside Wallyworld in about five years and hope to never go back.  Save-A-Lot is my friend :) It is the only grocery here that offers fresh cut meat and bargains galore..

It's getting to be that time when I'm really tired of shelling pecans but I will persist because we need some roasted.  Not sugar coated or candied but just roasted with Country Bob's and Worcestershire plus a shit ton of salt.  And butter.  Stir every 15 minutes.  Drain on paper towels.  Easy peasy.  It has been a dreary day and I'm about ready to watch a movie and rest.  Church tomorrow will be at Bemis UMC.  

Y'all be merry and bright.  Or sad.  Or whatever you're feeling.  Love you big ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment