Friday, October 20, 2023

lauren to the rescue

I have had a smaller laptop that Lauren gave me some time ago and just haven't used it.  She came yesterday to get me set up on it and back online so I can blog.  And finish up the last of my articles due for SHE magazine.  I'm amazed at how fast it is compared to my 8 year old Dell.  My day started out with me "thinking" I heard my phone hit the floor and me fishing around under it with a broom forEVER.  Eventually I found it on top of the bed so I guess it was the charger that went flying.  At least the floor under the bed got swept out.  

The DHS Class of 1973 celebrated in style last weekend and it was a joyous and quite tiring two day event.  I haven't walked and stood that much for a long time and now my right hip is hurting.  Lerd.  If it ain't one thing it's ten.  It took a village to make that reunion happen and some hard work went into it by a lot of people.  I saw friends that I have not laid eyes on in years and may never see again.  We all realized that and hugged each other extra hard.  It might just have been my one dance to "Take a Walk on the Wild Side" that did my hip and back in but I couldn't resist.  It's our class song!

My car is still in the shop and I'm driving a rental.  It may be ready next week according to Lowery's.  I am still very nervous about driving since that wreck but I realize I'm lucky to be alive.  If God hadn't been looking out for me I would be either dead or severely injured.  I did not go to the ER which was probably a mistake but I was just focused on getting home after gettin' my bell rung like that.  

I haven't seen Reaves in a month but Lauren sent me a picture that we had made at her grandparent's prom where I also shook my bootie.  She said "Gaga...do you know how to dance?"  so I showed her how I could.  That was probably a bad hip move also.  

So much has happened in the two weeks since that wreck.  I lost my job with one days' notice which sucked.  We had a nice little crew of part time people and that was disbanded for another option.  It would have been nice to have a bit more notice considering the fact that I showed up the next day in a rental to do my duties.  Oh well.  You do what you gotta' do I reckon.  For me right now, that is leaning on an ice pack in the computer chair.  Life is good though...on so many levels.  Y'all keep the faith^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment