Sunday, June 25, 2023

the heat is on

I went to Jackson this morning with the intention of swimming with Reaves at her Daddy's house.  I sat around waiting for Lauren to get there from church and by the time we got there the place was packed out!  They were working on getting the pool converted to salt water which looked like it might take a while so I sat with her in my lap soaking up the coolness of her wet bathing suit.  I do NOT do heat well therefore, I didn't last long.  At least I got some hugs from both she and Alex and he gave me a picture to put on the fridge that was just for me.  Sweet sweet kiddo.  They call her Elizabeth and I call ther Reaves so I'm hoping there's no identity crisis!  Both of the kids call me Gaga.

I made the mistake of looking ahead at the weather and it ain't looking good.  Like several days of over a hundred.  I may have to get a third job to pay the electric bill.  I do pre-pay so as not to get a big surprise at the end of the month and it's running about 5 to 6 dollars a day when it's this hot.  I shudder to think what it would be without good windows and a nice storm door.  

Highway 412 has several areas under construction meaning that half of it is newly paved in one lane. Madison County is done and smooth as a baby's butt except there's that clusterf**k at I-40 on Hollywood.  As for metro Jackson's streets they are a hot mess.  Kind of like Dyersburg.

I'm looking for a GI doc in Jackson and Jackson Clinic only has one who is evidently not taking new patients because I called and did not get a call back.  There's gotta' be somebody else and I will keep looking.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  

That whole deal with the Titanic expedition was a disaster but hopefully those guys didn't feel a thing.  They knew the risks.  I have no idea how long a millisecond is but supposedly that's how long it took to implode.  No pain according to "experts."  At least they died doing what they loved.

Y'all do what you can to stay cool.  There are cooling stations available everywhere so seek them out.  We may get some severe storms tonight so heads up^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment