Friday, June 16, 2023

take no shit

Not any more.  I'm too old for that.  Unless it's something really important, I just let things roll off my back.  We made a girls' trip to Charlene's today and, Lord have mercy it was more crowded  that I've EVER seen it due to a 20% off sale.  Not that I could afford to buy anything even with that discount!  It was nice to get together and visit though and the food was good.  Carol's 13 year old niece Emma went along for the ride and I really enjoyed spending time with her.  Very cool kid.  She is spending the summer with her grandpa Barry.  I also ran into one of my dear church friends Ms Bobbie and we chatted about every little thing.  She is sweetness personified.  

This morning found me at the kidney doctor's office getting blood drawn in preparation for next week's visit.  I don't expect the numbers to look real good since I've had to take Aleve for the pain in my shoulder.  Donna at Sunflower hooked me up with some arnica cream and curcumin gelcaps to see if that helps with it.  I actually had two pain free days in a row and then last night it started again.  I feel like something is torn up in there like a muscle.  Donna told me to "hit it hard" with the things I bought so that is what I'll do.  She also suggested a new physical therapy place that takes insurance.  I went by to check them out and was impressed.  Gotta' get a referral from my doctor who doesn't work on Friday.

The last of the wheat is being cut so it's a hot hazy mess out there.  I've had three friends requesting t-shirts from the place where I work which kind of surprised me.  I brought home a few for them to choose from.  I'm enjoying the job because I get to see a lot of people.  

My life is pretty boring and I guess that's a good thing. I do miss seeing my girls but that is what it is for now.  Maybe someday things will be different.  

Y'all don't stop believing ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment