Friday, June 17, 2022

walk around the hole

Co-dependency is basically a circular relationship where one person needs another person who in turn needs to be needed.   It has been a thorn in my side my entire life and it is a learned behavior.  I was the poster child for most of my life and struggled with it until three years of therapy in my 30's.  I will spare you the details, but I was desperate to make peace with myself.  

I think many folks are "that way" and don't acknowledge it.  Control is a huge issue as is unexpressed grief and anger.  It takes someone who really knows which button to push and is dedicated to making you stronger.  I was first assigned to Lucretia who was a mother earth type and eight months pregnant.  She did the intake and turned me over to Beverly.  For three years we worked together on my issues through the EAP program of my employer.  And in the end?  I grew stronger and wiser and more able to handle the hurdles that were yet to come.  

Later on I saw Rodney , also through EAP, for help with a different issue.  And I will always remember him saying "Well, aren't you a good little enabler."   Life is what you make of it and we all have choices.  If you choose to act out on the unlawful things, you will be arrested.  I almost had a wreck this morning when some asshat in a truck pulled right out of the junk yard in front of me.  I wish they would go away somewhere.  It's the first thing that travelers see when go down 51N.  Plus there's a lot of shit in the road.  It sits right next to a pond that is occasionally fished though privately owned.  Across the road there is Mr. Smith's automotive service which has saved me more than once.  And a chop shop or two.  All this splendor is on the road to the Dyersburg Municipal Golf Course.  The junk yard is in the city and the golf course in the county.  That's how close I live to Dyersburg if it matters.

Happy weekend to all y'all and your mama'n'them ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment