Friday, October 14, 2011

the queen of hyperbole

This has been the kind of week where at any given moment I would stop and wonder....what day is it? How much longer until there is the freedom to let go and breathe deep???? Well Friday is here ya'll and don't let the door slap you on the butt heading out from the sawmill. I even got to leave EARLY on a Friday! Thanks guys...I'll pay you back in kind :)

We got a good soaking rain night before last and it really perked up the pots of pansies out back. There is nothing that makes me smile quicker than a pile of puppies or a big pot stuffed with pansies. The cotton picking continues now that it's dry, and soon the landscape will be brown again ready for the winter snows to blanket the rows of this year's crop. To be a farmer is to believe that the circle is unbroken and that whatever dies and leaves seed will return and multiply. Great faith lesson, ya know? Go on..kiss a farmer!

I am so totally sad that I missed not only Woodstock (since I was only 14) and now the rabble rousing on Wall Street. I double dog DARE anyone who is considering a political future to come out against this funky group. They have a right to their beliefs and are peaceful. Plus a whole helluva lot more people feel the same way but can't leave their jobs to rally. Just sayin' kids. There is a time and place for everything, and if you truly want change, turn in your inheritance and do something good with it. Otherwise, live like the rest of us...check to check. Sometimes. Barely. With overdraft fees.

Wall Street and the banking industry have thrived during the times that most of us were hard at work pursuing the American dream. My husband and I, together, grossed 80K per year and had new vehicles to haul our baby girl around and get us to work so we could pay...well, you get the picture. Following our divorce and remarriage, we filed a Chapter 7 BK and were relieved, by a federal judge, of 30 thousand bucks in credit card debt. That was in 1995 and my life changed forever. From that point on, I decided that anything I couldn't afford to pay for, I didn't need. My goal is to eventually live on what I make and manage to save a few bucks. We'll see how that goes in 2012. Predatory lending is an ugly beast, and the thing that really brought us all to ours knees. While all us schmucks were trying to figure out what happened to our "guaranteed" retirement, the big boys were sunning on a beach somewhere having drinks with little umbrellas. As Bon QuiQui would say: "Ruuude".

More family drama which I shall not bore you with but just to say that everybody needs to chill out and work together. Please. We have two very sweet old people who depend on us to keep them in their home until somebody's not able or the creek rises, whichever comes first. One of my high school classmates is hospitalized with leukemia and is receiving treatment in preparation for a bone marrow transplant. Shout out to Chuck Walden and his walking warriors with flashlights. Candles burn out too quick, ya know ;)

And that. Is what I know right now. More later ^j^

2 comments:

  1. The journey wearies us; the light at the end of the path encourages us; our friends sustain us. I am grateful for the inspiration you provide, and the friendship you give.
    Blessings Janie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that man really knows how to piece together words, don't he...... (brother Drew).... anyways, I ain't got any of them fancy words, just a whole lotta hugs and prayers. Today they are supposed to start the "occupy wall street" here in Vancouver. Police expect violence and anarchists to attempt to hijack the protest. They figure it will be a repeat of our wonderful Stanley Cup riots. Go figure, a few people want to make a statement about the greed and gluttony of the large corporations and along comes the Unions and anarchists to hijack the message. Only in Vancouver I say.
    May the circle be unbroken, by and by Lord, by and by... (in my best Johnny Cash voice)..

    ReplyDelete