Monday, October 17, 2011

men are from mars

Yep, I read the book, know all about the cave and how to honor that most holy of times in which guys lay around and meditate on the meaning of life, all the while declaring that women are nags and too much trouble while they scratch their balls. I get it, umkay? And have at it, by the way. I value my alone time just like you do and if I had balls, I'd sure be scratching 'em right now. Just saying.

While I adore listening to you go onandonandonandon about your workday and old girlfriends, please have the courtesy to listen to my babble on occasion because it's what (sometimes) pays the bills and therapy is expensive. Dinner on us was a nice thing to come home to at the "shelter" where we welcomed your kids and grandchildren. When your dad died, I knew how crazy things would be but I never dreamed that you would go back. In many ways, I understand. Your entire family is grieving his death, and as the oldest son you took it like a man realizing the implications. I guess I just never figured that doing the work in the middle of this asylum would be so difficult for you.

You have helped me to learn, once again, the lessons that my father taught me about the miracle of farming and how that vocation has changed over the years. I can just picture your skinny little ass driving a tractor up onto the ferry at Heloise to float over and work in Missouri. Sam and Oscar are outside scruffing around like the boys that they are, and Faith is napping on the couch behind me. Lauren tripped over the little ones today and crashed into the living room window. No major damage, just a bunch of bloody broken glass and hurt pride. She's one of your biggest fans, by the way. But when push comes to shove? If mama ain't happy......

Ball's in your court dude. My plate is so full I can't deal with what's on it from one day to the next Years ago, when the kindly angry bitch therapist kicked my ass on a regular basis, I vowed to never again settle. That's what mama always said about how I do when somebody shows me some attention and I reckon she would know. After all, she raised me.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. OUCH! Hugs lady Jane, I know ya need 'em now. Sorry they are only cyber hugs.

    ReplyDelete