Sunday, May 15, 2011

phase III pneumonia

That sounds all technical and scary, but actually it's what I call a bad ass infection that I treated minimally, and it has returned to haunt me. Not that I didn't WANT to stop and eat bonbons while recovering, but life just has a way of messing those plans up in the most creative of ways. Today I was lifted up by the very same co-workers that admitted Daddy last week, and my angel on wheels, Kim. She pulled up in her jammies with the dog just to give me some samples so I wouldn't have to go to the damn drug store again. That's some true friends, right there. I knew better than to wait 'til the shit hit the fan after lunch and church because we'd all be humping it then. Day two of two was manageable once I got past the side effects of those drugs which I always forget make you want to put your head down somewhere. God bless pro-bono.

My house has been full for a couple of weeks. Part of that fullness came from a young man enjoying his leave from the Army. He will be leaving soon for point C which is a long way from where he started. The elder of the two boys, he's so much like daddy they could be brothers, and in some sense they are. I've heard "now, son" many times, but I've also seen the pure joy that they find in each others' company whether it's at the golf course or watching cartoons. All the family drama has created some new memories for each of us right on the heels of the flood of the century. In an odd sort of way, it's been entertaining watching the government manage what they put into place like flood control. Some farm land got flooded, and lots of folks lost their homes. They will all be compensated sooner or later in some form or fashion. It will never be enough to replace their memories.

I'll be resting for a couple of days, attempting to let the end of this evil disease ooze on out into the ozone. Gotta' get well so I can jump back into life as we know it...day by day.

^j^

3 comments:

  1. What Drew said. Ya'll need to slow down and kick this thing right in the patootie....As always
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't take care of #1, the whole "house of cards" will crash down!! And I mean it!

    ReplyDelete