Wednesday, May 18, 2011

moving right along

Well, it looks like the party's over for me and tomorrow is another day at the sawmill. I'm finally medicated enough to make it through the day so I'll do two and then have the weekend off. It has worked out well for me, actually, to work a little and be off a little allowing me to build my strength back up slowly. I remember very little about last week, and that's probably a good thing. My new regimen includes allergy testing and a very expensive drug for asthma, but my insurance pays (for a change) so it's all good. I did indeed have a serious pocket of pneumonia, but the whole thing was made worse by my tendencies toward allergic reactions to things like mold, mildew and dust mites. Not that ANY of those things might reside in a 100 year old farmhouse!! I've got a damn towel stuffed under BG's door to catch the mold spores creeping up from the basement. She has jumped into her new job with both feet and is loving every minute of it...even when it's a little overwhelming. For her, it is a unique opportunity to help fix something that was so badly broken that all the rules went out the window and the staff is basically creating their own programs for residents. That can only be a good thing when it comes to elder care. I went down to check on "the grands" earlier today and found Mom with laryngitis and a rattling chest. Lord. Have. Mercy. We had that woman a Zpak in hand in less than two hours. If that doesn't work....we've got more!!! I've been on a total of three antibiotics trying to find the one that will finally kill this evil witch of a disease.

Corporate is due for a visit any day and I'm happy to say my yard doesn't look like Fred Sanford's garage anymore. The asparagus went to fern a week ago and I've been watching the planting going on all around me as I putter with herbs and flowers in pots. I'm a container gardener from here on out...guess I've become lazy in my old age. My friend/boss's mother is one of those elderly ladies who think you're going to the devil if you don't put in a garden. The thing is, she can't do it so she guilts her son into it! I know...I know. We would all miss the homemade tomato juice if she just quit ;)

I am still weak physically, but emotionally I've had time to re-group and get the knots out of my shoulders. The physical health will return and be stronger because of that mind cleansing. There is no doubt that I was as sick as I was, partially, because I was stressed out enough to implode at any given moment. On the up side when I checked my labs the other day, except for that pesky white count, everything was normal. As in GOOD normal...cholesterol, HDL, risk factors, etc. That hasn't always been the case, so I'm grateful for little things. It's amazing how much using olive oil can do for a gal!

Rock on ^j^

3 comments:

  1. Is Guinness a replacement for olive oil? If so, I'm in good shape ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor baby! I peeked back just in time to find you getting over being in a bad way.
    Get completely well soon!

    We lived in a trailer parked in the drivewway beside our flooded home for about a month. Then the people who loaned it wanted it back to travel in.

    FEMA didn't have trailers then but we got a subsidy for renting an apartment. Our home has 33 inches of water in it. Rebuilding took about eight months although we moved back in, sans carpets, after six months.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad BG is enjoying the new job.
    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete