Saturday, October 23, 2010

google hates me

I mean seriously...I had to give them my cell number to get up in this place today and I know everybody's just dying to know about Suzy's birthday party up in the kudzu last night.  Last I saw her, she had done several 'jager bombs and had a shiny pink happy birthday hat to boot, surrounded by a whole bunch of cool people who love her.  Me and Aunt Gina went to Mexcio and ate like little piggies afterwards. Girl power!

Went by to visit my old friend the financial consultant yesterday only to find that my retirement with company #2 is on a restricted distribution kinda deal where you can draw a monthly benefit at 55 but can't roll over into something liquid.  It's the COMPANY that sets it up like that for their employees so they can borrow from it to finance the whole corporate thing.  And that, my friends, is a not for profit healthcare provider with the name of my church on it.  To hell with 'em.  When I get a terminal illness (which is the only exception) I'll take it run to Fiji for my final days and curse the local government officials who made that decision when the ones who knew what was up were ignored.  It was all about the money, which was about 10M over market value.  All just to make a point, a dot on the map of hospitals up and down Highway 51.  It's not their fault really.....the mission statement changed and all.

We are under a really dangerous fire watch situation here with heavy wind.  Please ya'll....do NOT throw your damn butt out the truck window tonight on the way home from your local karaoke bar.  I will hunt you down like a dog if your burn up the 'burg.  I'm listening to Lady A and remembering how much fun the summer of '10 was up at the pool with my sister friends and their kids.  It's odd to think that back in May we had more water than could be traveled through and here we are watching dust devils chasing tractors.  Looks like this farm is ready to go to sleep for the winter.

"Carry on young people"   Frances Yarbro

1 comment:

  1. We had that fire issue here for the last two summers, dry as a bone and ready to flare up. Two huge fires that affected towns were caused by cigarettes two years ago. Sending hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete