Saturday, October 9, 2010

falling leaves

The lawn bigass yard is finally trimmed and ready for winter except for raking a few leaves when they decided to drop.  We are in October and still at 90 which is very unusual, and very very DRY as well.  My inner pyro has had to really give myself stern warnings about the burn ban, as much as I like to fire one up.  One time I burned up half the pasture when I was burning off the asparagus bed.  Me and a friend chased it with rakes until it got to the road and stopped.  Good times!!

I made one of my frequent trips to the dollar store today, this time for my parents.  When I left Daddy was pulling a huge pecan limb behind his gator with a wire.  Only he had run over the wire and was trying to re-group.  I stopped to help him and he was happily hauling to his pile when I pulled out of the driveway.  I think that's where I get the pyro tendencies.  And the stubborn attitude.  Yes I know my momma raised me to be a southern lady, but I can get seriously riled up when I'm mad.  It's good for the soul and all.

The scruffy little dog has become mine unless someone claims him.  Which isn't very likely....ya know?  I think he was one that got dumped on the side of the road at the place where they like animals.  Last night he joined us on the porch with Faith, Sam and Cletus in attendence.  Cletus is a rhodesian ridgeback and HUGE.  Thank the lord Frankie wasn't there because she would have been totally freaked.  Frankie and Cletus' mom and dad are getting married next Saturday and it will be beautiful because the heifer said so.  Right girl?

I have teevee again after a two week fast and it's nice to be able to watch my cartoons again....that's about the extent of it.  What would I do without my hero in Arlen????  My personal (very patient) propane guy will get paid this month for gas that he delivered a long time ago, and he hasn't even threatened me with court.  That's a good neighbor, right there.  About to begin drawing some well deserved retirement bucks to help with the bills, I found myself needing a copy of something proving marital status.  Now who in this world keeps their divorce decree?????   I had my lawyer friend's paralegal digging through files but she could only find number one.  Thank goodness BG has them in a box of family history that I passed on to her.  What a legacy :)

Ya'll smile like you mean it  ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Still smilin'. The lives we lead, eh J? Sigh, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and at the rate I'm going, I'll be Hercules soon.

    ReplyDelete