Wednesday, July 29, 2009

lie to me

To me, the notion that one can fall in love ONE time and spend forever with a person without falling for somebody else is, uh well. Not realistic. There were two or three times when I was married that I just knew I had found "the one". My biggest mistake was telling my husband about it. Oh, it was all non-sexual banter with friends who became more as the emotional bonds grew. I was emotionally unfaithful, but not physically. Does that count?

Since then I've noticed that the ones who want to "play" like that are usually married looking for a little adoration on the side because wifey is just too busy keeping the household running and raising the family. And working. And trying to have a life of her own. Please spare me the bravado, guys. Been there...done that. Won't go back.

Even single guys in relationships that aren't officially over can be bad news. Hey..a broken heart is a broken heart whether it's legal or not. I've been "single" in the emotional sense for a couple of years now and damn it feels good not to need anything and be content with the critters and the rest of my family. There are two hands full of people that, if I called, would drop everything and come to my rescue. That's a lot in this day and time so I feel like somebody's got my back.

Cherished childhood friendships have eased into a comfortable stride with all of us keeping up with kids, grandkids and aging parents, thanks to electronic connections. Thanks, Al Gore :) Sometimes I try to remember what it was like to be 25 like BG or almost 30 like Cassie Rae. Though I can't put a timestamp on the exact moments that I remember, I definitely recall the feeling that life would last forever and that it would pretty much stay the same. Twenty years have taught me otherwise, often harshly.

I realize the importance of family now more than ever before and I hope that all ya'll do as well. Everybody's crew has a story and unless it's passed on that family's existence will not be carried into the future. As soon as I find the damn USB cable for the scanner, I'll share some of mine. And quit laughing at my use of "all ya'll." It's a Southern thing.

Peace out. ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment