Tuesday, July 14, 2009

the good old? summertime

Yes...I still hate to sweat. Sucks to be me about right now. I envy people who can wear makeup in the summer. I don't even bother because it all slides right off by the time I walk to the car. Though I'm not real big on girly things, I do like to not scare folks at the sawmill. Me and Faith took a road trip down to have lunch with the grands. That poor baby sat on the porch with Daddy patiently waiting for me to get done so she could go back up the hill. She's a homebody like me. We're in for the day attempting to get our collective shit together, but not having much luck. It's too tempting to just sit down and feel the fan blow.

My favorite little vegetable salesgirl was out again today with corn so I picked up a dozen ears during the marathon shopping trip this morning. Not too shabby for one who slept in until 10am. Heat, humidity and old age take their toll. Life has turned into a big puzzle to work with the pieces consisting of work, attempting to make a path through the house, errands and rides for my parents and a little down time now and then. I rarely watch TV anymore but still pay for it. That will probably go when the contract is up. If you will remember, I learned the hard way about contracts with TV companies, even when you don't know you're in one. These folks explained it up front, so I have no problem with it.

Another wreck....this time involving both my brother AND daddy. He was taking daddy up the highway to drink coffee with his morning pals when some guy looking at a deer rear-ended 'em and demolished both vehicles. I'll let you guess which one didn't have a seatbelt on. Both of them seem to be okay...the other guy got beat up by his airbag and will probably up the premiums on his employer's insurance since it was a company truck. His story? Bubba was going too slow. I thought that's what the passing lane is for!

I am content to be cool in my little old farmhouse with dogs laying around on the floor and clothes OFF of the floor and in the washer. Low maintenance. No doubt.

Ya'll keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment