Friday, June 11, 2021

the mystery of the missing poo bags

I have this business relationship with Byrum Healthcare where I pay then scads of money and they send me the "appliances" that I need for my ostomy.  As with all things healthcare,  it's like working a puzzle to get things worked out.  I am on a payment plan for the time that I was uninsured last year ( thanks Marketplace ) so I have to place my orders by phone. They always send me a reminder when it's time to re-up and then I figure out how much I can pay on that plan to get what I need.  With insurance, currently it is 41 bucks a month but there were seven months last year for which I was charged 160ish.  That's the back story.  I placed an order which was delivered  yesterday only I didn't get the box.

My neighbor sometimes gets my packages dropped at her house because our mailboxes are side by side across the road.  I saw a FedEx truck go to her house yesterday so I figured it was over there.  Only it wasn't. I checked twice.  After several phone calls today we figured out that her cousin who was watching the house went over and retrieved the box, not noticing my name on it.  It was a long night last night.

I had no pouches and no way to get any that late in the day.  So I did what I did many desperate times when I was a newbie and slept on my back with my belly covered with a towel....I cannot describe the mess I woke up to. I still didn't know my stuff was right across the road and had to go to work so my mind started racing for solutions.  I remembered that my home health agency kept extras of those kinds of things so I called them pleading for help.  By this time i was covered in poop and still had the towel wrapped around me.  I drove to the HH office looking like a lunatic and went in to get what was left for me at the front desk.  I am certain everybody in the place could smell me come in the door all pitiful.  

On the way home from there I got a call that other neighbor/cousin was on his way to meet me with what I needed.  Then it was shower time.  Best.One,Ever.   As I was telling this story to Gay I was laughing because what else do you do, ya know?  I reckon all's well that ends well.  

Adding insult to injury Kelly was pre-empted by men's tennis finals about which me and Joy could care less.  So we just read.  I'm on a Joshilyn Jackson kick, catching up on all the ones I've missed.  If all goes well, my girls will come Sunday and we will be joined by my daughter from another mother who has a little boy not much older than Reaves.  BTW....she quit T-ball and threw her glove before stomping off the field.  She didn't like it much at all that the boys were quicker!  

Y'all stay cool and have a groovy weekend ^j^


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so, so sorry. But I hope you have all your order now.
    Jim had his bag pop off (partially) while he was in Physical Therapy. Luckily I was there and had my bag of goodies ready to go. I never go anywhere without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you DO have to laugh about it - there is nothing else.

    ReplyDelete