Tuesday, June 22, 2021

and god made a farmer

I enjoy the farm life and I have learned a lot about by living next to the staging station for all this acreage.  I ask a lot of questions and generally get in their way.  And I have learned to appreciate the quiet times when they're in the back 40.  It's like tractor central around here with everybody running at once.  All four farming operations!  I'm glad Ellie is safely tucked in with her family in Illinois.  She wouldn't have lasted a day down here.

I went to see my GP this morning because I wanted to go over my concerns with him.  He drew blood again and hopefully the kidney function will be better because I'm taking something for this liquid in my bag.  Like to try and stop it.  I drink Propel all day long and eat normally.  I'm pretty sure I'm just dehydrated by the colostomy from hell.  But at least I'm alive.  When you can't take a good poop, it's a shame.

There is no guarantee that all will be rosy after the surgery.  There are a million complications that can happen like loop ileostomy or when your guts go to sleep and won't wake up.  Or your anus which hasn't been used in a year and a half has nerve damage and there is no bowel control.  I know all of this, yet I am willing to take the chance if the powers that be see fit.  

I've talked to two old work friends in two days and we always say "let's get together" and we don't.  That requires effort which is not in big supply with all we've got going on as elders.  Maybe someday.  

Me and Joy and Pearl sat on the porch today and watched some cute little mama bird making a nest in the double begonia hanging pot.  I'm looking forward to this adventure!

Y'all chill and hug.  ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment