Saturday, June 12, 2021

the market

Today was officially opening day for the Dyer County farmer's market so of course I took what i earned last week and bought goods from the locals.  The best deals were at the DCHS gardening spot where I spend 20 bucks on some impatiens, lantana and a perennial fern.  I am all about perennials, ya know.  Less work for me.  These purchases are currently watered and sitting on the covered porch waiting to be planted when it ain't so damn hot.  Ms Dottie Leach told me to plant that fern on the north side.  

I also got some homemade doggie treats for Oscar and Sadie and an assortment of Tiger Tail mustards 4 for 6.  The only produce they had was squash and cucumbers but it's early.  My friend Meghan was there with her her pizza truck and also the tie one on lady Paige Semmel.  Oh....and the ever so lovely Athena Reed, jewelry creator.  There were others....potters and craftspeople galore.  9:30 is late to be getting there so instead of Cheryl Hopgood bread I got strawberry butter.  She sells out of bread by 8:30 which is a tad early for me on a day off.     

Anywho, I'm thinking about washing my car old school style with a sponge and the water hose.  It might cool things off a bit.  Or maybe I'll just stay in here under the AC so as not to get dehydrated.  However it goes, I'm gonna' have a good day ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment